We are recruiting for a Major Philadelphia Hospital who is need of Environmental Services Workers to start right away. These are long term temporary assignments.
For immediate consideration, please email resume to email@example.com
• This position keeps the facility in a clean and sanitary condition following established policies and procedures. With a particular emphasis on patient and non-patient units, cleans and maintains patient rooms, restrooms and common areas within the Healthcare facilities. Perform various janitorial/environmental services necessary in maintaining a clean and safe environment as well as room turnovers.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent (Required)
• 1 Year experience in a recent housekeeping or environmental services role (Required)
• 1 Year experience in floor maintenance utilizing commercial equipment.
1 Year experience working in a health care environment performing housekeeping duties.
Customer Service Skills
• Strong Communication Skills
• Strong Interpersonal Skills
Effectively cleans facility areas which may include:
Patient rooms, inpatient and outpatient treatment areas, including operating rooms, Labor and Delivery areas, Nurseries, Laboratories, restrooms, common areas and classrooms contained within the facility.
− Removes municipal and medical waste (including recyclable materials) from accumulation areas and delivers to the appropriate disposal containers.
− Cleans and maintains corridors, stairways, entrance ways, sidewalks and other facility areas.
− Orders, receives, restocks and maintains supplies for daily use in work area. − Responds and takes action in all emergency situations involving floods and spills.
− Performs Isolation procedures and other related duties as directed.
− Performs discharge and transfer duties according to proper procedure. Beds, Bathrooms and all surfaces are cleaned and disinfected.
− Sets up and removes special equipment and furniture in rooms. Moves furniture, equipment and various items for personnel. Sets up and removes furniture, displays, etc. for all events.
− Operates power and manual floor cleaning equipment following established departmental procedures.
− Maintains all equipment used in daily operation. Reports any equipment damaged equipment to the department.
Must be able to pass all Clearances (Background, Drug, Occupational Health)