Location is @ Philadelphia Hospital
Responsible for assigning ICD-9-CM diagnostic and procedural codes to patient accounts.
· Assign appropriate codes using International Classification of Disease system (ICD-9) and/or Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) for diagnosis, procedures and services.
· Responsible for correctly coding claims based on the services a patient receives in order to obtain reimbursement from insurance or government healthcare programs.
· Read and analyze patient records extracting precise information from documentation, test results and reports.
· Request diagnosis from physicians when not recorded on discharge and in cases where information is incomplete.
· Maintain confidentiality regarding patient care information and chart contents.
· Inform administrator of any incongruousness noted in the chart record.
· When appropriate clarify diagnosis, conditions and treatment information by working with the physician according to company policy and procedure.
· Process physician reports needed to code appropriately and accurately.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Certificate or associate’s degree in medical coding or related field preferred.
· Two or more years’ of medical billing/collections/coding preferred.
· Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology required.
· Medical Coding Certificate preferred
Send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org